Simple Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This one is so delicious – I prefer it over regular pasta any day of the week
Preparation and cooking time = 60 min (most of it is downtime)
Ingredients: 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, (horizontal – not lengthwise) and discard all the seeds and strings with a spoon (the way you would clean out a pumpkin).
- Place each squash half cut-side down in a casserole dish filled with about ¾ c water; and put into the oven.
- Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven for 45 minutes (this is a perfect time to prepare your sauce and side dishes).
- At the 45 minute mark, remove the casserole dish from the oven and set aside (be VERY careful as the water will be boiling hot).
- Allow the squash to sit for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly for easier handling.
- Once the halves are cooler, use a fork in a twisting motion (the way you would twist spaghetti) to remove the cooked squash. The strands should appear to be ‘spaghetti-like’.
- Enjoy this with a healthy low-sugar meat or veggie sauce (the more vegetables you can sneak in the better!) The texture of the Squash is crunchy like onions but taste amazing when eaten with a good sauce. (Homemade sauce recipe coming soon!)
Incredible Cauliflower Pizza (Completely Flour Free)
This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s so easy to get all of your veggie needs with it because the crust itself is one! You don’t have to eat much to feel satisfied without the bloatedness and fatigue that normal pizza gives)
Preparation and Cooking time = 30 minutes to put the crust together, 15 minutes to prepare the crust and cook
2 Cups of GRATED CAULIFLOWER (Use only the florets and do NOT try to short cut and use it in a blender – it will fall apart if you do)
1 Cup of freshly grated PARMESAN CHEESE (you can alternatively use Romano, Asiago, or even a mix of them)
PARCHMENT PAPER to line your baking sheet (NOT wax paper or aluminum foil unless you want your crust to be impossible to remove)
PIZZA SAUCE (I’ll include a recipe for pizza sauce below but if you find a healthy one that you like at the store, by all means use it)
PIZZA TOPPINGS (of your choice – I personally like using a bit of Mozzarella, Cheddar, Feta, Mushrooms, Basil, Tomatoes, and uncured pepperoni)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees and BLESS the delicious food you are about to prepare
2. Heat the Grated Cauliflower on a skillet or pan on medium heat for 10-15 minutes (It shouldn’t be too hot. You don’t want to brown them – you just want the steam to evaporate so that there’s less moisture. Be sure to move the Grated Florets around so that the moisture escapes from all of it. )
3. Remove from your skillet and set the cauliflower aside to cool for a minute or so
4. In a bowl, beat your egg and add your grated parmesian cheese.
5. Add the cooled down cauliflower to the bowl, mix well, and then form the mixture into a ball
6. Cover your baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
7. Place your ‘dough ball’ on the paper and spread out into a pizza shape about 1/4 inch thick. (The crust should be about 10″ across – if it’s any thinner, you risk having to eat the pizza with a fork!)
8. Place your crust in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (until the crust is turning brown and firm)
9. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and add your favorite pizza sauce.
10. Top the pizza with your favorite toppings
11. Return the pizza back into theoven and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
12. Remove the pizza and allow it to cool
Super Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce (Make it a day before making your pizza to allow the taste to settle)
Preparation & Cooking time = 5 min
1 can of TOMATO SAUCE
GARLIC POWDER (or Fresh Chopped Garlic)
Salt and Pepper
1. Place your Tomato Sauce in a bowl and then add all the seasonings according to your taste
2.Once the taste is right, place in a jar in the fridge until you are ready to use it on your delicious pizza
Delicious Flour Free Banana Pancakes
My husband and daughter can’t get enough of these. The sweetness is completely natural.
Makes 8-10 pancakes; Preparation and cooking = 20 minutes
3 Medium BANANAS
1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
½ tsp CINNAMON POWDER
dash of VANILLA EXTRACT (optional)
SALT to taste
Round Banana Slices,
1) Mash all three bananas in a bowl (the riper the better the taste).
2) Add eggs.
3) Add cinnamon, baking powder, salt, optional nutmeg and optional vanilla extract.
4) Mix these ingredients well
5. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes so that it can rise a bit
5) Heat a greased skillet or griddle on medium low heat.
6) Spoon batter to form your pancakes
7) Cook undisturbed about 3-4 minutes or until the pancake begins to brown.
8) If desired, sprinkle nuts or berries or chocolate chips on the cakes.
8) Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook on the other side until brown. It’s totally fine to keep flipping these pancakes over and over. (unless flour pancakes).
9. Add fruit toppings of your choice
10. Let me know how these turned out for you!
Surprisingly Tasty and Nutritious Soups and Stews
Raw Vegetable Soup (KVASS)
This is an Incredible Russian dish taught to me by my Russian Friend.
It includes fermented veggies which gives the benefit of preventing the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria in your colon while replenishing the friendly kind.
Preparation Time: 2-4 days for the Kvass; 30 minutes for soup preparation
Ingredients for the Kvass (soup base)
1/4 cup of lemon juice (the fresher the better)
1/2 cup of raw sauerkraut
How to Prepare the Kvass
1. Juice enough carrots, cucumbers, celery, and green apples to make about 1 quart of Juice and then place into a large bowl. (If you don’t have a juicer, then you can simpy blend the ingredients in a blender, add enough water for the blades to work, and then strain it with a cheesecloth)
2. Once you have the Juice Prepared, stir in Lemon Juice and Sauerkraut
3. Cover the bowl well with a lid or plastic wrap and then cover it with a towel (so that it remains in the dark)
4. Allow this to ferment for 2-4 days (Once a white film made out of beneficial bacteria starts appearing on the surface of the juice, taste it. If it tastes a little sour, the Kvass is ready to be made into soup!)
5. Stir the Kvass once again and strain it to remove the Sauerkraut
Ingredients for the Soup
1-2 teaspoons of LEMON JUICE
HIMALAYAN SEA SALT to taste (about 3/4 cup)
GRATED BLACK PEPPER to taste
VEGGIES (You really can use any veggies you like, but here are the ones I prefer to add. . .)
2 RED RADISHES cut into thin Circles
1 Cup of Cubed Cucumber
½ cup red bell pepper, seeds removed and cubed
¼ cup green onions, chopped
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
1 avocado, peeled, skin removed, and cubed
1 tomato cubed
Cilantro for garnish
1. In a big bowl combine all the veggies and seasonings together
2. Add the soup base and stir
3. Finish off by garnishing with any herbs of your choosing